--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for all of the love and support this little corner of the internet has received over the past several years. As friends and family members were getting married, their weddings fueled the inspiration for this blog. But as seasons of life change, my focus, along with those nearest and dearest, shifted away from the wedding planning stage and I began to neglect this blog.

I have decided to indefinitely retire Calligraphy by Shannon in an effort to pour my attention into my lifestyle blog The Scribble Pad where I will be merging past and future inspiration boards and parties. You will still be able to place orders for calligraphy, custom invitations, and hand stamped items through my etsy shop. And as always, you can stay in touch with me under my moniker, The Scribble Pad on my blog, etsy shop, facebook, and even twitter! I look forward to sharing this new adventure with you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4th Day of Christmas: Cards

What on earth do you do with all those Christmas cards? Well, there are plenty of fun ways to display them. These ideas also work well for engagement and wedding cards. (or save the dates if this is a crazy wedding year for you!) Here are a few of my favorites:

(click on the images to go to the websites)

Copy this board idea found in Domino Mag

Pottery Barn Tree
(PB also has a cute curly cue card holder you should check out!)

If you are the sentimental type (me) you could create a scrap book of Christmas photos. Growing up my mom saved all the photo cards. Each family would get a page in a photo album and their most recent card could go on top. It was always fun to look back at our friends pictures over the years and update their page with their new card! You could also make an album each year like this one I found on Flickr:


VGK Chick on Flickr

Or if you are not in the spirit of saving, be sure to find a good use for your cards other than a landfill. You can recycle most Christmas cards or better yet, box them up and send them to St. Jude's Ranch. Click: here to learn more, or simply mail them to:

St. Jude's Card Recycling
100 St. Jude Street
P.O. Box 60100
Boulder City, NV 89006


Happy Holiday Card Crafting!
Subscribe to Calligraphy by Shannon via Email

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails