--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for all of the love and support this little corner of the internet has received over the past several years. As friends and family members were getting married, their weddings fueled the inspiration for this blog. But as seasons of life change, my focus, along with those nearest and dearest, shifted away from the wedding planning stage and I began to neglect this blog.

I have decided to indefinitely retire Calligraphy by Shannon in an effort to pour my attention into my lifestyle blog The Scribble Pad where I will be merging past and future inspiration boards and parties. You will still be able to place orders for calligraphy, custom invitations, and hand stamped items through my etsy shop. And as always, you can stay in touch with me under my moniker, The Scribble Pad on my blog, etsy shop, facebook, and even twitter! I look forward to sharing this new adventure with you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MFB: Save the Dates Revealed (Finally)!

It is a happy MFB Friday for me indeed, since I get to finally reveal our finished Save the Date (100 printed at Vistaprint for the low low price of $19.95, including expedited shipping)!

As my MOH, Christie, can testify, these have been a real labor of love. It was really difficult for me to figure out how best to get our information on the front of the card. Luckily, I got some very cute inspiration from the (fully customizable and FREE!) biplane STD featured over at the Wedding Chicks.


Photobucket



I loved the look of these so much, I almost just went with them, full stop and abandoned my previous plans. But, my poor little DC vintage postcard cried out to me, "don't forget me! Use me! Waaaah!" and so I couldn't just leave it out in the cold. But how to combine the two?

It finally clicked in my brain that having a biplane "sky-write" our information would be an excellent way to combine the vintage postcard that I wanted to use with the cute airmail theme we'll be using for the rest of the stationery. A perfect solution! So here it is, without further ado!



The front:


Photobucket


and the back:



Photobucket

The quality is a bit fuzzier in my upload than in the final product, but what do you think? And have you taken on crafting your Save the Dates yourself?

Anyway, I hope you love these as much as I do!

Subscribe to Calligraphy by Shannon via Email

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails