--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for all of the love and support this little corner of the internet has received over the past several years. As friends and family members were getting married, their weddings fueled the inspiration for this blog. But as seasons of life change, my focus, along with those nearest and dearest, shifted away from the wedding planning stage and I began to neglect this blog.

I have decided to indefinitely retire Calligraphy by Shannon in an effort to pour my attention into my lifestyle blog The Scribble Pad where I will be merging past and future inspiration boards and parties. You will still be able to place orders for calligraphy, custom invitations, and hand stamped items through my etsy shop. And as always, you can stay in touch with me under my moniker, The Scribble Pad on my blog, etsy shop, facebook, and even twitter! I look forward to sharing this new adventure with you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gifts

Who you give gifts to is really personal preference. I know that there are etiquette rules surrounding this issue, but I believe that it is very important to give based on your personal relationships. Similarly, no matter how many "Gift Guides" I read, the perfect gift often seems elusive. So I am not going to try to tell you what to buy who, but rather, I am going to try to point you to some of my favorite retailers and go-to spots for gifts in a pinch.

Room Service Home is an excellent spot for gifts. From housewarming to wedding gifts, baby shower items to gifts for the person you really don't know, Room Service Home has it all. The boutique has a bit of antique/shabby chic flair. If you are looking for parent or bridal party gifts I would highly recommend perusing this site. This boutique categorizes its items well which helps with navigation of their selection.





Red Envelope has always been a favorite of mine. It is classic. Items offered fall under a wide range of prices, many pieces can be customized and luxury items are available at reasonable prices. Red Envelope allows you search for gifts by category, occasion, or recipient helping you to find exactly what you are looking for.


Blue Tulip has a cheeky collection of goods that I always seem to find a reason to buy. Their online store is good, but there actual retail locations are much better. Currently they have stores up and down the North East Coast in CT, MA, NY, NJ, PA, and VA. They are regularly opening more stores. If you have one near you, I highly advise checking it out.


Hopefully these sites can get you started in the right direction. If you still aren't sure what to give, let me know. I often do gift consultation {for free!} and might just be able to offer some suggestions to point you in the right direction.
Subscribe to Calligraphy by Shannon via Email

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails