--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for all of the love and support this little corner of the internet has received over the past several years. As friends and family members were getting married, their weddings fueled the inspiration for this blog. But as seasons of life change, my focus, along with those nearest and dearest, shifted away from the wedding planning stage and I began to neglect this blog.

I have decided to indefinitely retire Calligraphy by Shannon in an effort to pour my attention into my lifestyle blog The Scribble Pad where I will be merging past and future inspiration boards and parties. You will still be able to place orders for calligraphy, custom invitations, and hand stamped items through my etsy shop. And as always, you can stay in touch with me under my moniker, The Scribble Pad on my blog, etsy shop, facebook, and even twitter! I look forward to sharing this new adventure with you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
...with Sarah Hubbell of
"The Wedding Hub"

Sarah, first off, how did you get started blogging?

Well I've certainly always loved reading other blogs! I suppose with the economic and environmental crises, I wanted a place to post eco-chic and budget friendly ideas for brides.

What have you learned the most since you started blogging?
Hmm...I've learned what an incredible sense of community there is. I think a lot of people rag on new technology, because it separates us from actual relationships, but I think with the sheer amount of attention and funds raised for the Nie Nie Recovery for example, is evidence of the blog community proving there's real substance to these relationships.

I couldn't agree more. I have found the blogging community is incredibly warm and open - making it an ideal venue to share intimate details about weddings and inspirations. But now back to you...

What is your favorite wedding accessory?
In my non-wedding life, my hands-down answer would be SHOES, but you hardly see those on your wedding day, SO....hmm...well I really love bird cage veils or feather hair accessories like the one we've given away on our blog recently. More than any other accessory, I think hair accessories make a really dramatic statement.

Where do you go for inspiration?
I find inspiration everywhere! Blogs, home decorating stores, flea markets, antique stores, literally everywhere. I'll see a vintage tea pot, and I'll start planning an entire event around it. I love the creative process!

What is the best lesson you learned from your own wedding?
Well, whether you have 20 guests or 300, intimacy is key, so that is something we really worked to create at my own wedding. I'm not really sure if this is a lesson per se, but I'm so so glad we wrote our own vows. I feel like it made every guest feel closer to us, and more importantly I felt like every word I said held meaning and really made me feel connected to my new husband in a way I had not yet experienced. Vowing to spend the rest of your life with someone is so powerful, and even more moving if it you make it personal.

How did you and your hubby meet?
We were both speech and debate nerds (and both state champions, I might add!), so I met him while he was volunteering to coach at my high school, and then we started dating when we were both in college. We've been together ever since.

How did he propose?
I think I'm in the minority, because I know a lot of people love big elaborate proposals in front of a lot of people. For us, it was super intimate, and I sort of like keeping it that way. We actually ended up having our reception at the same place he proposed, so that was really special.

What is the biggest wedding goof you have ever experienced?
Oooh, so many! Let's see, at one wedding, they had the girl who had caught the bouquet sit down for the whole garter bit. They had blindfolded the gentleman who had caught the garter (a pretty burly man) and told him he had to put it on this poor girl with his teeth! The girl was mortified, but they had a plan! They switched her out for the groom at the last second, so we got to watch this big guy use his teeth to get a garter around the groom's leg. Very memorable.

What are three things every bride should remember before her big day?
Eat, breathe, and have a ball. Oh, and a fourth, don't sweat the small stuff!

Sarah, thank you for being our very first Q&A! To learn more about Sarah, check out her blog: The Wedding Hub.

Subscribe to Calligraphy by Shannon via Email

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails