--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for all of the love and support this little corner of the internet has received over the past several years. As friends and family members were getting married, their weddings fueled the inspiration for this blog. But as seasons of life change, my focus, along with those nearest and dearest, shifted away from the wedding planning stage and I began to neglect this blog.

I have decided to indefinitely retire Calligraphy by Shannon in an effort to pour my attention into my lifestyle blog The Scribble Pad where I will be merging past and future inspiration boards and parties. You will still be able to place orders for calligraphy, custom invitations, and hand stamped items through my etsy shop. And as always, you can stay in touch with me under my moniker, The Scribble Pad on my blog, etsy shop, facebook, and even twitter! I look forward to sharing this new adventure with you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Black Ink vs. Blue Black Ink

When skimming through etiquette books and wedding websites, one will find countless references to ink color. black ink...no, blue black ink...black ink is preferable...blue black ink is warmer (can ink actually be warmer!?!)

Needless to say, the verdict is up in the air on what color your official correspondences should be in. In this day and age with official correspondences being few and far between and with style matters reigning more than ever, the choice is yours.

Here are the general rules I tend to follow:

Formal wedding and your invitations are black and/or white = Black Ink
Formal wedding and colored invitations = Blue Black Ink or dark ink in a coordinating color
Informal Wedding = Blue Black Ink or choose an ink color to match your invitations

Here are some samples of the Black Ink and Blue Black Ink side by side:


Do you see the difference? The Blue Black Ink is on the left. Here is a close up:


If you have any ink color questions, please feel free to comment or email me.


Subscribe to Calligraphy by Shannon via Email
Subscribe to Calligraphy by Shannon via Email

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails