--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for all of the love and support this little corner of the internet has received over the past several years. As friends and family members were getting married, their weddings fueled the inspiration for this blog. But as seasons of life change, my focus, along with those nearest and dearest, shifted away from the wedding planning stage and I began to neglect this blog.

I have decided to indefinitely retire Calligraphy by Shannon in an effort to pour my attention into my lifestyle blog The Scribble Pad where I will be merging past and future inspiration boards and parties. You will still be able to place orders for calligraphy, custom invitations, and hand stamped items through my etsy shop. And as always, you can stay in touch with me under my moniker, The Scribble Pad on my blog, etsy shop, facebook, and even twitter! I look forward to sharing this new adventure with you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earth Day: Green Weddings


Today is Earth Day. Take this reminder to view how you are planning your wedding, and how you can care for our planet in the process. Here are some tips to keeping your wedding green:

1. Earth Friendly Invitations: Earthly Affair has the most beautiful invitations that are gentle on our planet! Other places to check out:
(I have mentioned this company before and have heard rave reviews!)

2. Organic and Local Food and Wine: Many restaurants and caterers now offer local options. Be sure to ask when you are inquiring about services. As for wine, check out: The Organic Wine Company and Organic Wine Journal to learn more!

3. Green Gifts: From wedding registry to favors, you can go green. Check out Beau Coup for great green favors and Sweet Earth Chocolate for edible treats. For your registry, consider items like organic bedding and bath towels, bamboo for your kitchen, and Energy Star for any major appliances your nuptuals may require!

4. Sustainable Dress Options: Visit my Save Money post about wedding dress options. And, check out this post from Style Me Pretty!



Subscribe to Calligraphy by Shannon via Email

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails