--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for all of the love and support this little corner of the internet has received over the past several years. As friends and family members were getting married, their weddings fueled the inspiration for this blog. But as seasons of life change, my focus, along with those nearest and dearest, shifted away from the wedding planning stage and I began to neglect this blog.

I have decided to indefinitely retire Calligraphy by Shannon in an effort to pour my attention into my lifestyle blog The Scribble Pad where I will be merging past and future inspiration boards and parties. You will still be able to place orders for calligraphy, custom invitations, and hand stamped items through my etsy shop. And as always, you can stay in touch with me under my moniker, The Scribble Pad on my blog, etsy shop, facebook, and even twitter! I look forward to sharing this new adventure with you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jen and AJ: Chapter 2

Have you been following Jen and AJ's story? Here are the previous to posts: Intro and Chapter 1.

Chapter 2:
AJ has given me flowers nearly every week since we’ve been dating. Yes, it has shocked me too. People have asked me whether receiving flowers each week has made them less special… I have grown to expect them on Tuesdays when he will typically pop by my office with a bouquet (my co-workers now watch for him) but it has never made them less of a gift. In fact, it has proven that he consistently cares about me and the little things I love. He is looking for ways to make me feel special even though he doesn’t need to “pursue me” in the technical sense of the word anymore… and I value that far more than the actual flowers.

As I’m working with floral designer Erica Thebarge it has been fabulous to have so many gorgeous options at my fingertips. She was wonderful at our first meeting and let my mom, sister and I look through all of her floral books; she knew every flower and how they would look in arrangements. I’m looking at my choices with the question: “what would have the most meaning?” Does the flower I choose make any difference in how happy and healthy our marriage will be? Of course not, but it is fun to honor a tradition that AJ started about 45 weeks ago!

Right now I’m leaning toward an arrangement of ivory flowers with an adorable tag hanging from the vase that reads: “Hydrangeas: The First Flower AJ Brought Jen” or “Roses: Given for the First Time at the Proposal”.

The flowers in the photograph were done by Erica Thebarge for Danielle and Warren's wedding.

Photograph taken by Faith Hall Photography.

Subscribe to Calligraphy by Shannon via Email

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails