--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for all of the love and support this little corner of the internet has received over the past several years. As friends and family members were getting married, their weddings fueled the inspiration for this blog. But as seasons of life change, my focus, along with those nearest and dearest, shifted away from the wedding planning stage and I began to neglect this blog.

I have decided to indefinitely retire Calligraphy by Shannon in an effort to pour my attention into my lifestyle blog The Scribble Pad where I will be merging past and future inspiration boards and parties. You will still be able to place orders for calligraphy, custom invitations, and hand stamped items through my etsy shop. And as always, you can stay in touch with me under my moniker, The Scribble Pad on my blog, etsy shop, facebook, and even twitter! I look forward to sharing this new adventure with you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MFB: Drinking Jar Tags

Hey all! Is anyone else as preoccupied with jars as I am? Mason, or otherwise, I love this trend in wedding decor for chic, homestyle, and fun decor. I think it will go great with our laid-back reception style.

Photobucket


I'm on a quest to collect as many jars as possible (at least 150) for our guests to drink from.


How to keep them all straight on the day of?


Enter the price tags my future-mother-in-law graciously gave me, left over from her real estate days. (A box of 1000 will run you $9.99).

Photobucket



{via Staples.com}



Add various Sharpies and pens, and you have yourself a party.


Photobucket



{via Amazon.com - $20.40}



I then created a rough draft of a legend of how these lovely folks are related to us.



Photobucket



Hearts and shades of pink for folks related to me and stars and shades of blue for those corresponding to my fiance. (I promise the end version of this, which will get displayed where folks pick up their glasses, will look much nicer)! Still, having this cheat sheet was clutch for keeping everyone straight, as was my guest list from Wedding Wire.

Photobucket


You can see the sea of red from my Irish Catholic family.





We'll tie the tags to the jars with AirMail Divine Twine.


Photobucket









The guests will pick them up when they are served Blackberry Limeade and Tamarind Iced Tea when they first arrive at the reception venue. It's DC in the summer; they'll need a cool drink!


The tags will then serve the purpose of place cards (when we add their table info on the back later), name tags, and to keep drinking glasses straight!



Fingers crossed that my next trip through the recycling bin will yield me some more glasses than the other night. Though more on that some other time. Enjoy the weekend!



Subscribe to Calligraphy by Shannon via Email

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails