--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for all of the love and support this little corner of the internet has received over the past several years. As friends and family members were getting married, their weddings fueled the inspiration for this blog. But as seasons of life change, my focus, along with those nearest and dearest, shifted away from the wedding planning stage and I began to neglect this blog.

I have decided to indefinitely retire Calligraphy by Shannon in an effort to pour my attention into my lifestyle blog The Scribble Pad where I will be merging past and future inspiration boards and parties. You will still be able to place orders for calligraphy, custom invitations, and hand stamped items through my etsy shop. And as always, you can stay in touch with me under my moniker, The Scribble Pad on my blog, etsy shop, facebook, and even twitter! I look forward to sharing this new adventure with you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dress Alterations


They do not have to be outrageous! But they do have to be good. Here are a few tips to consider before getting your dress altered:

1. You do not have to get your dress altered at the bridal salon - they will most likely be expensive.

2. Ensure time is allowed for alterations - not all alterations are easy.

3. Get referrals from friends and family! Word of mouth is one of the best ways to find the right place. Also, be sure that where you take your dress specializes in formal wear. Here are two of my favorite places to get formal wear altered:

Near Philadelphia:
D&B Clothier in Newtown Square, PA

Near Washington, DC:
Kim's Tailoring in Arlington, VA
(in the Pentagon City Mall)


Subscribe to Calligraphy by Shannon via Email

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you do have talent. Wish I knew you when I was plannning my wedding.

Related Posts with Thumbnails