--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for all of the love and support this little corner of the internet has received over the past several years. As friends and family members were getting married, their weddings fueled the inspiration for this blog. But as seasons of life change, my focus, along with those nearest and dearest, shifted away from the wedding planning stage and I began to neglect this blog.

I have decided to indefinitely retire Calligraphy by Shannon in an effort to pour my attention into my lifestyle blog The Scribble Pad where I will be merging past and future inspiration boards and parties. You will still be able to place orders for calligraphy, custom invitations, and hand stamped items through my etsy shop. And as always, you can stay in touch with me under my moniker, The Scribble Pad on my blog, etsy shop, facebook, and even twitter! I look forward to sharing this new adventure with you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September Wedding of the Month

Each month, I hope you bring you photos of a real wedding to provide inspiration. As part of this monthly feature, I will list locations and vendors to help you plan your weddings as well. I will also use this feature to highlight the wide spectrum of weddings which I have done calligraphy for. To start this off, I figured it would be fitting to share pictures of my own September wedding from two years ago.


My dad and I walked down the aisle in our true form, talking and waving to our guests the whole way down.

In this photo, I was resting my legs between photos. I am so glad my photographer caught this shot. It shows how honestly elated and content I am to be married.

The church where we got married, Great Valley Presbyterian, is the oldest Presbyterian church in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The church is absolutely beautiful. We love the photos we have from in front of this big red door.

No wedding in my family would be complete without Greek dancing! Just after dinner we kicked off the evening with a Greek circle dance including almost all of the wedding guests. Here you see my mom, sister and dad in the middle of this photo. Mark and I were leading the dance, but because we are novice Greek dancers my Yia-yia's (grandmother) cousin had to take the lead and move us faster! We could hardley keep up!


This is a terrific action shot which caught a moment Mark and I missed. Here my sisters and brother are hoisting my cousin Ryan across the dance floor. I love how much fun they all had!


I hope that you enjoyed this first Wedding of the Month, and were able to learn a little bit more about me too!

Wedding Details - Location: Philadelphia Main Line; Reception Site: Lamb Tavern Inn; Photographer: Light Touch Photography; Cake: The Bakery House

Subscribe to Calligraphy by Shannon via Email

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails